Social Icons

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Art of Bargaining ||

Recently, I've had several people inquire as to how I find such incredible deals! I'd just like to begin by stating that: bargaining is a serious art. Honestly. Two days ago I got an $80 Calvin Kline sequin skirt for ten bucks. Crazy right?! So here a list of tips to help you start off the new year saving some cash! 

1.) Shop at the right stores. I'm basically the bargain queen. I very rarely pay full price for anything. Except for Anthropologie, I will enter a store and head straight to the clearance section. However, I encourage you not to make an "impulse buy" and purchase something simply because its eighty percent off. So frequent those clearence racks! Also, walking around the store with a possible purchase on your arm will give you time to decide if you will actually end up wearing the item. A lot of people ask me where I purchase my skirts and how I get them for such good deals. So, below is a list of stores where I find the best deals on skirts, as well as dresses, shoes etc. 

-The Limited
-JC Penny (MNG collection) 
-Forever 21
-Kohls (Lauren Conrad Collection) 
-Lord and Tailor Outlet 
-H&M 
-Macy's 
-Anthropologie 
-Target
-Urban Outfitters 
-Aero (They have great graphic tees) 

2.) Thrift Shopping. Thrift shopping is fantastic. I love Goodwill, however, the closest one is over an hour away, so I have to go Sally's, if I thrift. I love getting brand name things for really good prices, it gives me this great sense of achievement. Haha. Plato's Closet is fantastic as well. A few weeks ago I got an embellished Express sweater, a Ralph Lauren sweater dress, a Banana Republic skirt, and a 
Loft sweater at Sally's for $19. (It also helps to befriend the elderly because then they offer you their  senior discount.) 

3.) The best brands. My favorite brands/ stores are Anthropologie and Mango (MNG). I am basically an Anthro addict. It's honestly the struggle. I always shop the clearence section, but I just love the atmosphere of that store. It's perfect. Their clothes are so well made, and (in my opinion) completely worth the clearence price. Mango is another brand that is extremely well made. Its a European company, which basically means the quality is wonderful. Europeans tend to focus more on quality that quantity. I have tons of Mango, I always shop on their clearence rack, and find the most wonderful deals. 

I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful Christmas! I'll be posting a hair tutitorial on how I get my curls, as well as how to do one of my updos, so stay tuned! 

Xoxo, 
Nikki Marie 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!