Social Icons

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gratitude |

Today, I am incredibly grateful. A year ago today my little brother, Westan, fell seven feet onto an ice rink at our District Youth convention. He blacked out, and after a series of tests and questions was rushed by ambulance to a children's hospital. My parents stayed the night at the hospital and my sister and I stayed the night in our hotel room with my sister's best friend. The test results came back that my brother had a skull fracture and a brain bleed. He also lost hearing in his left ear for nearly a month. He had to stay in the hospital for two full days. For the next month he was bed ridden. He did not even touch his phone for several weeks, and slept 22 hours of the day. He rarely ate anything and lost ten pounds. I can't even begin to explain to you how upset I was. I was so afraid that that day might have been our last together. You never truly value the precious moments you have with your loved ones, until something threatens to take them away. The beautiful actress, Natasha Richardson died from the same injury my brother had. Today, Westan is completely healthy with not a trace that his accident ever occurred. He's grown four inches this year and has a beautiful girlfriend. His voice is still as phenomenal as it was prior to his accident. I know without a doubt that without the grace of God, today I would be visiting his grave site. If you haven't had an encounter with Jesus Christ or do not have a relationship with him, you haven't experienced the peace that you posses during a trying situation or circumstance. Although I was scared beyond belief, I truly had this sense of peace and hope that somehow everything would turn out alright. So I encourage you, develop a relationship with Jesus Christ, because it is only through him that you will experience peace, hope and a greater love than you've ever known. I know without a doubt that God healed my brother so that today I could share his phenomenal testimony with you. God bless and have a wonderful New Year. 

Xoxo

Nikki Marie 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!